Why should you choose the Harford Christian Homeschool Umbrella
As the longest-established Christian school in Harford County, Harford Christian has the experienced faculty and infrastructure to support parents in the oversight of their homeschool program. Additionally, Harford Christian School has operated independently from federal, state, and local government funding and does not subscribe to any government oversight or entanglements. The two student reviews and transcript will be provided from an established Christian and conservative ministry that understands the biblical mandate and prerogative of parents to educate their children. Students in the HCS Homeschool Umbrella will also have access to quality extracurricular programs including fine arts, athletics, and academics.
Your Child, Your Choice
The goal of our homeschool umbrella is to support and encourage Christian families in the education of their children and to help preserve their religious liberty to do so. We work with many Bible-based curriculum offerings and provide assistance and consultation when needed.
We offer umbrella protection, unencumbered by the secular state or federal government.
In a 1972 court case, Wisconsin vs. Yoder, Justice E. Harold Hallows wrote, “We view this case as involving solely a parent’s right of religious freedom to bring up his children as he believes God dictates.”
Harford Christian continues the fight for the preservation of the religious liberty of parents and of church-run schools. This was the very reason for its founding in 1966 when an unsettling culture shift began after the removal of prayer and Bible reading from the public
As a ministry of Reformation Bible Church, HCS exists for the purpose of assisting parents in their responsibility of biblically training the child “in the way he should go.”
Maximum $500.00 per family
These per student fees cover the following:
- Two reviews by a qualified educator
- One consultative/set up review at thebeginning of the year by phone or at HCS
- One “instructional setting/in-home” reviewvisit at year-end
- Periodic telephone conferences as necessary
- Accessibility (with additional fees) to extra-curricular activities and standardized testing
- Pending successful review of student end-of-year portfolio, provision of Harford
- Christian School Homeschool transcript
- The costs of RenWeb on-line registrationand FACTS tuition management
- Consultative services throughout the yearfrom a certified educator
- Inclusion in May Day and Field Day eventsat the school
For more information, download our PDF
Value- Added Accessible Programs
- Standardized Testing
- PSAT Testing in October (for 9th-11th grades) – $50.00/student
- SAT Testing (for 9th-11th grades) – $50.00/student
- CogAT – Cognitive Ability Testing (spring for grades K-5, 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th) – $30.00/student
- Iowa Performance Assessments – Achievement Testing (spring for grades 1st-8th) – $50.00/student
- Fine Arts Opportunities – $150.00 fee for access to any one or combination of the following:
- Music Education
- Private Lessons (fees set by instructor)
- Vocal Choir
- Concert Band
- Art Instruction
- Dramatic Production
- Hand bell Choir
- Maryland Association of Christian School (MACS) Fine Arts Festival
- Spelling Bee
- Science and History Projects
- Art and Photography
- Academic Area Testing/Competition
- Music and Speech
- Athletics – $150.00 fee per student per sport per season for access to:
- Fall: Men’s Soccer, Women’s FieldHockey and Volleyball
- Winter: Men’s and Women’s Basketball
- Spring: Men’s Baseball, Women’sFastpitch Softball and Soccer
- Introduction to Engineering
By God’s kind providence Harford Christian School is enjoying a 50-year celebration this coming school year. A full and diverse offering of courses and extracurricular activities are the very reason that many home-schooling families have explored opportunities at HCS for their children. Call our school office to request a brochure (410) 457-5103.
A strong Christian and biblical worldview curriculum emphasizes developing young people to serve the kingdom of God, not the global agenda of men. Rather than the evolutionary/naturalist approach to science, we embrace the Genesis six-day account of creation and God’s miraculous and sovereign rule over the affairs of men and nations. Rather than revisionist history, our Christian heritage is emphasized. Rather than vesting in a Common Core, our “core” is frankly very “uncommon.” Advanced courses in math such as Pre-Calculus, Calculus, SAT Math Prep, and Accounting I and II are complimented by science offerings such as Chemistry I and II, Biology I and II, Physiology, Physics, and Environmental Science. Our top notch English and Foreign Languages program have enabled many of our graduates to CLEP for college credit.
HCS remains committed to the arts. Exceptional programs in piano, vocal, concert band, speech and drama, and art are hallmarks of HCS for God’s glory.
Athletics at HCS serve as a means to an end and not an end in themselves. It is rightly said the “adversity reveals what is in the man.” Sportsmanship, character development, and learning the value of hard work are on the short-list of goals for HCS athletics.
HCS is a carefully supervised environment where wholesome activity and communication are expected, where classroom learning is distraction free, and where Christian values and standards are embraced. We may very well be a “perfectly fitting puzzle piece” for your family.
To explore homeschooling opportunities at HCS please contact Principal Bryan Wilson at email@example.com. Any homeschooling student who is enrolled in one or more courses at HCS is granted full access to the extracurricular academic, fine arts, and sports programs of HCS. A complete academic course schedule is available for you to view.